Now that the holidays are upon us, let’s take a moment to check our lists and think about who we might have forgotten about in the flurry of year-end activity. Like your boat. All wrapped up, tucked away, out of sight and – out of mind?
Why not add your boat to your gift list and plan now for a little winter project that will make your boat feel like new again in the spring? Here are a few ideas that we gathered from our crew:
• Choose a new color of bottom paint. Change can be exciting!
• Organize loose items in your lockers and cabinets into plastic totes and waterproof trays.
• Recover your worn out cushions.
• Compound and wax your hull to restore the luster and get rid of that milky film.
• Redo the worn name and hail on the transom.
• Replace the snaps that have pulled out of the sides of the cabin or hull.
• Clean and oil your teak decks to make them look like new.
• Replace the horn. It hasn’t worked for years.
• Add some cool LED lighting in the cockpit.
• Install a solar panel to keep your batteries charged.
• Upgrade your cockpit stereo speakers.
Your boat will love you, and you’ll love the new feel of your boat. That’s the joy of giving.
Happy Holidays from all of us at Boating.Tips!