We’ve knocked around the idea of repowering our launch with an electric motor for some time now. As a result, we’ve accumulated a lot of research and we’re really impressed with the Elco AC induction motors. So impressed that we’ve decided to sell and install them as authorized dealers.
- No exhaust fumes produced
- Silent motor operation – No noise pollution
- Recyclable batteries
- Very small carbon footprint if charged by the solar or wind power options
- Cruise all day and charge the batteries overnight for just pennies
- The motor fits standard engine mounts
- Never needs a tune-up; no need to winterize
- Available for conventional shaft connection applications and sail drive units
- The motor is water and particle resistant
- The patented enclosure ensures that the motor runs cool so it will not heat up the cabin
- Great reliability, with an operational service life of 50,000+ hours before scheduled maintenance
- More than twice the cruising range than an equivalent diesel engine in a hybrid system
Check out this short, one-minute video for a little more info, visit the manufacturer’s web site, and/or give John a shout to talk about how the motor might work in your boat, compatibility, cost, etc. He’s at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (508) 563-7136.